We’re looking for a talented and motivated brewer to join us at an exciting stage in our journey, just as we open the doors of our brand-new brewery which will be the first in Scotland dedicated to producing alcohol-free brews. Working alongside our head brewer, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day production of our beers, including packaging and pasteurisation. With an obsession for quality and flavour, you’ll help craft our new releases and maintain our reputation for brewing some of the world’s best alcohol-free beers.
We’re a small team and everyone’s contribution matters. We’re looking for a proactive individual who’s willing to get stuck in, join in the laughter and the beers, and help us build a sustainable, inclusive business committed to our community, our craft and our planet.
- Working under direction from the Head Brewer to operate a 20HL brewhouse, canning machine and pasteurisation equipment.
- Carry out other general brewery tasks including, but not limited to monitoring fermentations, cleaning and maintaining equipment, filtration, dry hopping and quality control.
- Delivering to local customers in the company vehicle.
- Maintaining a high level of cleanliness around the brewery and with the equipment used
- Following procedures and keeping up to date records by logging data into the brewery production software.
- Contribute into the creative process and recipe development.
- Rotational weekend cover to monitor fermentations, when required.
- Occasional evening and weekend work representing the business at commercial events, beer festivals, farmer’s markets etc.
- Previous experience in a commercial brewing environment (2+ years preferred).
- Brewing qualification preferred – i.e. IBD General Certificate, IBD Diploma in Brewing, Brewing MSc or equivalent.
- Candidates with more practical experience but no formal qualification will be considered.
- Suitable training programs can be offered to successful candidate, if required.
- FLT certificate would be desirable but not essential as training can be arranged.
- A passion for beer and an interest in the growing no & low category.
- An understanding of brewing science and processes.
- Ability to problem solve and possess a high attention to detail.
- Flexible and hardworking with the confidence to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and solutions based with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good IT skills and basic knowledge of excel.
- An element of manual handling and lifting is involved in this role.
- Full UK Driving license essential.
Salary: £24 - £28,000 dependent on experience
Full time (1pm finish Fridays) Occasional evening/weekend work for customer events.
Start Date – 1st November
Location – Rosemains Steading, Pathhead, Midlothian
EMI share options scheme and monthly beer allowance.
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com Closing date for applications is Sunday 1st October.